Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Please read my disclosure for more info.
Are you considering getting a fish tank to place in your room? Or do you want to place one in your study room, as the calmness of the fish helps you focus better? Regardless of why you decided to get a fish tank or where you wish to place it, it is important to learn about all the available options and their features. In this article, we will review some of the best fish tanks. We cover 5 gallon, 10 gallon, 20 gallon, and 55 gallon tanks. In addition, we will recommend ideal fish for each tank size.
Best Fish Tanks – 5 Gallon
Below, we will take a look at three of the best 5 gallon fish tanks. We will be walking through details.
- This specific 5 gallon fish tank comes as a kit which includes the tank, lights, filter, and filter system.
- It is extremely easy to set up.
- The aquarium is about 12 inches long and wide, and 17 inches high.
- The kit includes a Rite-Size Z Cartridge as well as a Bio-Foam.
- It comes with energy-efficient LED lights in white and blue colors. These LEDS have a daylight and moonlight setting.
- The glass canopy that is in the back makes the process of feeding your fish and cleaning the tank extremely easy.
- The fully adjustable filter pump can be used by anybody without hassle. All you have to do is remove it from the tank, use the dial to tune it as per your requirements, and position it back in the tank. Consequently, your aquarium will witness a good flow of oxygen and water.
- The aquarium comes with a three-stage hidden filtration system.
- The kit does not come with a heater, algae killing filter substrate, or décor.
- Another tank kit that is also easy to set up.
- One prominent feature is its lighting. The aquarium’s lighting strip has 37 individual LEDs. One interesting aspect of this lighting strip is that it stretches along the length of the aquarium providing even lighting.
- It comes with the 3 stages Fluval filtration system, which allows water to be cleaned in three different ways. The filter pump is quite, located at the back for convenience during maintenance, and is adjustable. The water return output from the filtration system is also near the back end of the tank.
- One major con is that it does not come with a heater. However, it does have an in-built compartment where you can place a heater without cluttering the space near your tank.
- It is also extremely easy on the pockets.
- This aquarium with a full hood will look classy in your hall or even the workspace.
- Its multi-color LED lighting is energy-efficient and lights up all your marine friends instantly.
- The aquarium is made up of plastic and thus, it is completely safe and impact-resistant. The design is the opposite of glue-seamed aquariums, and hence, it is leak-proof as well.
- The filter cartridge effectively eliminates discolorations, odors, and more, while the internal power filter makes sure that your aquarium is clean and free of impurities.
- It is equipped with a creative feeding port which makes your job of taking care of your pet’s needs so much easier.
Best Fish for a 5 Gallon Tank
If you know anything about aquariums, you would know that 5 gallon capacity is quite small. Hence, it is recommended to get smaller fish if you opt for any of these tanks. Some common fish found in 5-gallon tanks are
- Betta Fish
- Cherry Shrimp
- Pygmy Corydoras
- Neon Tetras
- Harlequin Rasbora
Best Fish Tanks – 10 Gallon
If this is the first time that you are getting an aquarium and you want to opt for something big you might be anxious about your options. Check out some of the 10 gallon tanks below that we recommend.
- This kit is well-rounded in nature. The setup guide is easy to decipher, even for a beginner.
- A thermometer.
- Comes with a low-profile LED hood. On the hood is situated a feeding door, while on the back, there is some space for additional accessories.
- A preset heater (50W)
- LED Pro Power Filter with a medium cartridge. One unique and useful feature is the LED light situated on the filter, which begins to flash the minute it is required to change the cartridge! The water goes through five-stage filtration in this tank and when coupled with the ammonia filter pad and water conditioner, it is free of all impurities.
- High-strength silicone glass is used to create this aquarium and hence, you can bid adieu to leaks.
- An Aqua Culture LED aquarium hood can be used for your pet fish.
- As the tank is rectangular in shape, it is easy to place it on any surface.
- No other accessories come with the aquarium.
Best Fish for a 10 Gallon Tank
The best fish for 10 gallon aquariums are…
- Ember tetra
- Celestial Pearl Danios
- Golden Dwarf Barbs
- Pygmy Corydoras
- Betta Fish
- Dwarf Gourami
Best Fish Tanks – 20 Gallons
Below is our recommended 20 gallon aquariums. These gallon requirements usually means that you are buying bigger fish or that your fish is outgrowing your previous aquarium.
- This 20-gallon glass aquarium is ideal for an individual looking for a theatrical look.
- It comes with a stylish hood, a UL heater, a Tetra Whisper 20 Filter, and a Color Fusion Universal Color Changing LED.
- There are also two Wonderland Plant Multipacks as well as one Blooming White Anemone.
- With every color change, the LED light will instantly transform the look of your aquarium. That’s not all! You can also pause when a particular color of your liking comes up.
- However, it is the anemones that change the entire look of your aquarium. They sway along in the face of the current created by the filter and your fish will also find comfort in the ambiance. When Color Fusion LED falls on the tetra plants, they practically come to life.
- The aquarium is equipped with a Tetra Mini UL Heater to ensure that the temperature is ideal for your finny friends.
- Its Tetra Whisper 20 Filter keeps the water clean.
- The GloFish 13″ LED Light Stick gives the aquarium an illuminated, mystic look.
- The kit also comes with three GloFish Plants as well as one GloFish Yellow Anemone, making sure that you need not purchase any extra accessories.
- The blue LED light completely transforms your aquarium. The fluorescent décor will make the entire arrangement the talk of the party.
- The glass body is scratch resistant and hence, you won’t ever have to encounter a leaking tank.
Best Fish for a 20 Gallon Tank
The ideal fish to get for your 20-gallon tank are
Best Fish Tanks – 55 Gallon
We have one 55 gallon aquarium below because we did not find any others that are good.
Tetra 55 Gallon Aquarium Kit with Fish Tank, Fish Net, Fish Food, Filter, Heater, and Water Conditioners
- The aquarium regulates the temperature of the water, which is ideal when you opt for tropical fish.
- The aquarium is equipped with a 200W heater and WPF 60 Filter, to create an optimal environment for the fish.
- The kit includes a fishnet, digital thermometer, 24” Tetra hinged hood x 2, as well as two plant multipacks.
- The boxwood plant gives an earthy touch to the habitat. The LED lighting ensures that a natural daylight effect is achieved, giving you a better view of the magnificent marine life residing at your home.
Best Fish for a 55 Gallon Tank
Some of the best freshwater fish you can get for your tank are..
- Iridescent Shark
- Bala Shark (1 juvenile). As they get bigger, recommended tank size is 125 gallons.
- Neon Tetras
- Zebra Danios.
You can also check out some of the popular saltwater fish as well, such as..
- Blue Tangs
- Clown Fish
Things to Consider For Your Fish Tank (Aquarium)
Before you get a fish tank, there are some specific questions you must ask yourself:
- Is a bigger tank better? (This will largely depend on where you want to position your tank).
- Where will you put it?
- What is your budget?
- Would glasswork or Acrylic?
The aforementioned tanks and kits are all pretty good. The decision regarding which one to buy is entirely yours. You must first choose the size of the tank that best aligns with the designated space for your aquarium. If you want just an aquarium, or a full kit. Also, keep in mind the type of fish you will keep and how big they can get.
Happy aquarium hunting!